An M&E System should be comprehensive, yet practical and easy to use by non-technical personnel. It should clearly define types of data to be collected, who will collect it, how and how often it is collected, how it is validated, how it is reported and to whom.
The objective of an M&E system is to provide guidance to the entity through monitoring programs implementation progress and evaluating their impact.
In order to ensure the sustainability of the developed M&E system, stakeholders’ needs should be thoroughly identified and understood. This would be achieved through a set of individual meetings with key decision makers. The main objective is to obtain the necessary feedback about information needs on different levels.
Designing/ Developing an M&E system involve the following activities:
• Develop the logical framework.
• Design and develop the template/tools to be used with the system
• Validate the objectives, expected outputs, outcomes and impact
• Study and analyse the data/information needs
• Identify and develop the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Validate the newly developed system and templates
• Develop the training outlines to train M&E personnel on the new system and tools.
See also different:
Marketing and Export Systems
The “Balanced Scorecard (BSC)” is a relatively new approach to strategic management that was developed in the early 1990’s by Drs. Robert Kaplan (Harvard Business School) and David Norton. The BSC approach provides a clear prescription as to w […]
The process for developing a strategic plan involves several activities, where Megacom works in close collaboration with its client throughout the whole process.<< return to our Service